Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Online dating

You know I've never thought of myself to be the kind of person who would even consider dating online. I grew up with lots of friends and was very popular and got married to my high school sweetheart. He was the captain of the rugby team and after we left school, I studied nursing and he became a carpenter. Soon, he was successful and owned his own company. By the time I was 27, I already had three kids and lived in a beautiful house in the suburbs. My life was good. I would drop and pick up the kids from school, maintain the house and cook lovely meals for my family. In fact, I was so content with my life and I was only working part-time.

I found out when my eldest daughter was 13 that my husband had been cheating on me. I did not have a single inkling at all. It would have been a lot easier to deal with had I known it had been a one night stand, preferably a very drunken one night stand where he simply lost control of his emotions and all rational senses. But unfortunately, I found out that she lived in an apartment that he bought and they had been seeing each other for awhile. We obviously divorced and we now share custody of the kids.

I now work full time and find it hard to make time to meet potential lovers. Being a nurse gives me strange hours and in my spare time I do spend it with the kids or catching up on housework. Thats why I decided to try dating online. Its been hard trying to find honest men and meeting people who are actually real and want something that will go beyond the net. Or to find someone who wants something beyond sex. But I have been on a few dates that were quite lovely but I am still keeping my options open.

1 comment:

chilangoleon said...

and?=what=happened??